Thanks, Jan, but no go! This is really baffling! I checked
my 'hosts' file and the only entry in it is 127.0.0.1 localhost.
I checked my 'connections' setting in IE's options and could
see nothing amiss there. I have three different connectoids
on my system and each goes through a *different* ISP - none
of them worked!

As I mentioned before, this has been going on for a month
now! I have tried multiple links provided by Google and
here and not a single one of them works! I can surf anywhere
else I like - just not to any adobe or syntrillium link.

If I didn't know better, I'd think the IP#'s I'm calling
in from were blocked by adobe, but all three of them!?! I
doubt it. Especially since two of them are major ISP's -
Earthlink and DragonBBS!

BTW, until this began about four weeks ago, I never had
a problem reaching adobe. As I said, I still have no problem
reaching anyone else - even now.

Thanks anyway,
Tom