Re abandonware - see also http://www.spa.org/piracy/copyright/24hr.asp ...

Franni

At 11:01 AM 02/18/2004 -0500, you wrote:
--------------- Jan wrote: ---------------

: Tom
: If you ever find the answer to your question below and it's ok, I
: sure would like to "share" that program.
:
: Jan
:

When in doubt... Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

hth,
Stephen
http://www.mechavox.com/

Hey, Steve, thanks for the link! The bit about ColecoVision games really struck a nerve - ColecoVision was my first and favorite game system. Around a year ago, I downloaded the emulator and all the ROMs I could find for it (along with a TI-994A Emulator and all its games!) I still enjoy some of those old games - even moreso than some of the newer ones!

Another link on that page took me to a site where I grabbed
a copy of "Red Baron" - one of my alltime favorite "flight
simulators"! It's the only one I was ever able to both take
off and actually *land* in without crashing. ;-) I love
those old bi-wings!

Jan, I'll get in touch with Adobe and see what they say. If
they OK it, I'll get back to you off-list regarding "Wind
Chimes."

Thanks to all that helped me reach them. :)

Cheers,
Tom
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
 Here's a few of the programs I use myself!
http://aznewyou.com/cyberpub/whatsnew.shtml

--
Mediation Technology ........................... mTank
http://www.mediation.co.uk  ....  http://www.mtank.com

Check out our View from the Fen for a Cambridge
perspective on key issues in the digital world
This month: 'Vote anyway you like...'
http://www.mediation.co.uk/view7-1.html

Or vote for YOUR favourite of the past year's books at:
http://www.whsmithbookawards.co.uk/med1/

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.