From: Sheila Fenelon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 1:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] RE: Perl & mysql help urgently needed!

Diane Schips wrote:

> Is it ok that $emplid
> is declared locally?  How do I return the contents of that field from the
> function?  If I can return the correct data, that might resolve the other
> errors as well.

I see the

return $emplid;

but what value is stored in it? And didn't you want that to be stored in
the table?

The 'return' statement should work as long as your call to the function
saves the return value:

$new_emplid = insert_new_record();

Sheila
--
Sheila Fenelon
http://www.shefen.com/

____  The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM  ____
To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.