-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Harris
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 6:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] slices blowing in the wind!

I have exhausted all my knowledge - and then some - trying to get this
sliced graphic to sit together in the top corner of the site container.

Anyone able to direct me to the solution;  page is here
http://www.smilepoetryweekly.com/trial_3_col_layout.htm

many thanks

Joseph Harris

Joseph,

You need to run this through the validator which will point out that you
have no type set for your style statement. In one sense, this doesn't matter
since your doctype is incomplete and throws the page into quirks mode, which
paradoxically means a browser can use it's error handling to guess at what
you meant to use for a type of style and hence can apply your "text/css"
type even when not given. For the full transitional doctype see:

http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/sgml/loosedtd.html

Also, you'll notice you get errors about the alt attribute. You need to
include this for the images, even if it just as alt="".

An interesting inclusion with elevation for the logo id. You have an aural
browser you are testing with? What is it? I'd like to give a listen.

drew

Once that is fixed you may find it easier to solve the problem.