Hi Riva,

> Should I have my client record this or send
> it to me to record?  (We are in different cities.)

I think you'll probably need the client there when the recording is taken -
who else will give the sermon? ;-)

There are two steps to this:

Firstly, recording - get your client to stand in front of a microphone and
deliver the sermon. The mic needs to be connected to some sort of recording
device, and as you'll have to get it onto a PC eventually you might as well
start on the right foot and record directly to the hard drive.

There's a program called "Sound Recorder" somewhere on the Start menu (or
Start > Run > sndrec32 if you can't find it). This is fine for your purposes
and will create a WAV audio file containing whatever comes in from the mic
input. If you like, you can clean up the audio with a program like Cool
Edit.

Second step is encoding (doesn't matter who does this, or where) - WAV files
are very large, so you need to compress it into MP3: this is equivalent to
saving a TIFF image as a JPG. This is the file you upload to the website.

MP3s are certainly easier to email than WAVs, so if your client is
technically capable I'd get them to record and compress their own MP3s and
email them over to you (even better, build them an admin page where they
could upload them on their own).

HTH
Jon