Steven,

I don't see your comments as nit-picking, and I agree with you about the
garishness.   What I was noting was a) an experienced surfer dwelling at the
site, and b) the ease of use.

> Joseph, I'm sure you know what you're talking about as
> far as what you like about this site in question.
>
> I once mentioned sites I liked, in a usability article
> I wrote for an online publication, and the editor
> questioned them, even calling them "unusable", one had
> frames, so it was a bit violating of usability, but
> had many excellant qualities.
>
> So I know what it's like to express a liking for a
> site, then have someone nitpick it, or even express
> valid misgivings about the site.
>
> Product Photos: I've been in database direct response
> marketing since 1978, and have worked for Grey
> Advertising, Troy Bilt, etc., not to boast, but my
> point is this:
>
> ...it is a Proven Fact, proven by A/B split testing,
> that photos of product in use, by typical customer,
> solving a problem or gaining a benefit by using
> product, out performs ads or promotions with no photo
> or with photo of product alone.

I do know enough of advertising to recognise the truth of this last;  again
I was noting the reaction of someone with a realistic view of the net and
adverts.   So, while the site might do better with those, it was already
holding attention - but there are also a couple of site design features (the
shopping basket and the link efficiency) that interested me.

I'm happy with discussion, and think that having to make a case helps to
clarify thinking.

Joseph

ttp://mail.yahoo.com

> ____ . The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM . ____
> To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or
http://e-newsletters.internet.com/discussionlists.html/
>        Send Your Posts To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com
> To change subscription settings, add a password or view the web interface:

> http://intm-dl.sparklist.com/read/?forum=wdvltalk

[EMAIL PROTECTED]