I'm trying to help my parents with their computer. It keeps freezing. They were running Windows 98se, so I sought to upgrade them to Windows 200 prof. At the point where the OS starts looking for installed components, it freezes. Rebooting doesn't help, it just keeps freezing.

I tried putting the hard drive in another computer. I get past the notification that it has been upgraded to NTFS, then I get the blue screen of death. If I try to use it as a slave, I get a message that it is unformatted.

Nothing was backed up of course.

Is there anything I can do to save the data?

Diane

____ • The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM • ____ To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or use the web interface http://e-newsletters.internet.com/discussionlists.html/ Send Your Posts To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com To change subscription settings, add a password or view the web interface: http://intm-dl.sparklist.com/read/?forum=wdvltalk