----- Original Message -----
From: "jdmajor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com>
Sent: April 23, 2005 4:20 PM
Subject: [wdvltalk] Pop Up Windows

> Hi gang,
> I have a simple popup window code like this:
> <!-- Begin
> function openWindow(mypage,myname,w,h,scroll) {
> var winl=(screen.width-w)/2;
> var wint=(screen.height-h)/2;
> winprops = 'height='+h+',width='+w+',top='+wint+',left='+winl+''
> win = window.open(mypage, myname, winprops)
> if (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4) {
>     win.window.focus(); }
>   }
> //  End -->
> </script>
>
> It works great in all browsers, however, IE (the usual culprit),
adds a
> status bar at the bottom of the popup window!!!!!!! Does anyone
know how
>   to omit that status bar? What is it called so I can add it to the
> winprops above?

I usually put status=0, but then my popup code usually looks like
below and I don't bother with version 4 of Navigator:

    function openWin(vUrl,vTarget)    {
      n =
open(vUrl,vTarget,'toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars
=yes,resizable=0,top=20,left=70,width=400,height=350');
    }

hth!

cheers,

       Mark