> TY Drew,
>   I am using the XHTML for 2 reasons, 1 - I plan on using XML based
> applications for customers to review their account online, as well as
> serve information on chemicals and relevent federal and state
> guidelines for pool & spa owners.
>
> Table-wise, the tables are there right now to get a nice format and
> structure that works, I plan on converting to CSS based positioning in
> the near future - the only problem I have with that is that IE and other
> browsers tend to display CSS positioning in their own special ways, I
> want to try and make this as cross browser as possible while
> maintaining usability and a functional design.

That explains it.

The caution about the prolog still stands.  Support for xml in
browsers is pretty much current generation so most older browsers
won't handle an xml page. If you haven't already, see:

http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_browsers.asp

If you want to learn a bit more about possible ways to deal with IE,
http://www.positioniseverything.net , is always a good start. The IE
section explains what IE does very clearly. It also offers a number of
hacks. Keep in mind that the hacks may or may not work with IE7. There
are other perfectly valid ways to handle many of the problems without
the hacks. Be forewarned some of those ways will raise accusations of
sinful if not outrightly perverted syntax, even though the syntax is
perfectly valid -- divitis and excessive markup.

Good luck with the update.

drew

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''