From: Diane Schips [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 9:22 PM
To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com
Subject: Re: [wdvltalk] Need CSS help

I know I'm behind the times, but this is my first attempt to design a
site in CSS.  I'm having a problem with this layout:
https://secure.enticedbynature.com/Soap.asp.  The blue on the left is
supposed to go all the way to the bottom.  But if the content area gets
too long, it stops before the bottom of the page.

My style sheet is below.  I'm sure there are lots of better ways to do
what I did, so I would welcome any feedback on it.

You'll notice I have two body styles, that's because the first style is
always ignored.  I don't know why that happens either.

Thanks,
Diane

BODY
{
    BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fef9e0
}
BODY
{
    PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
    PADDING-LEFT: 0px;
    PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px;
    MARGIN: 0px;
    PADDING-TOP: 0px;
    BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fef9e0
}
#blue
{
    LEFT: 0px;
    MARGIN: 0px;
    WIDTH: 300px;
    TOP: 0px;
    HEIGHT: 100px;
    BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e4fe
}
#text
{
    Z-INDEX: 2;
    LEFT: 152px;
    BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../images/bannertext.gif);
    MARGIN: 0px;
    WIDTH: 645px;
    POSITION: absolute;
    TOP: 12px;
    HEIGHT: 86px
}
#green
{
    LEFT: 0px;
    MARGIN: 0px;
    WIDTH: 100%;
    COLOR: #e0feeb;
    TOP: 100px;
    HEIGHT: 40px;
    BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0feeb
}
#menubar
{
    LEFT: 0px;
    MARGIN: 0px;
    WIDTH: 300px;
    POSITION: absolute;
    TOP: 140px;
    HEIGHT: 140%;
    BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e4fe
}
#content
{
    PADDING-LEFT: 0px;
    Z-INDEX: 2;
    LEFT: 226px;
    WIDTH: 775px;
    POSITION: absolute;
    TOP: 129px;
    HEIGHT: 110%
}
#buttonHome
{
    Z-INDEX: 3;
    FLOAT: left;
    BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../images/buttonHome.gif);
    MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 10px;
    WIDTH: 265px;
    POSITION: absolute;
    TOP: 175px;
    HEIGHT: 73px
}
#buttonSoap
{
    Z-INDEX: 3;
    LEFT: 10px;
    BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../images/buttonSoap.gif);
    MARGIN: 0px;
    WIDTH: 265px;
    POSITION: absolute;
    TOP: 275px;
    HEIGHT: 73px
}
#buttonLotion
{
    Z-INDEX: 3;
    LEFT: 10px;
    BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../images/buttonLotion.gif);
    MARGIN: 0px;
    WIDTH: 265px;
    POSITION: absolute;
    TOP: 375px;
    HEIGHT: 73px
}
#buttonScrubs
{
    Z-INDEX: 3;
    LEFT: 10px;
    BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../images/buttonScrubs.gif);
    MARGIN: 0px;
    WIDTH: 265px;
    POSITION: absolute;
    TOP: 475px;
    HEIGHT: 73px
}
#buttonAbout
{
    Z-INDEX: 3;
    LEFT: 10px;
    BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../images/buttonAbout.gif);
    MARGIN: 0px;
    WIDTH: 265px;
    POSITION: absolute;
    TOP: 575px;
    HEIGHT: 73px
}
#buttonCart
{
    Z-INDEX: 3;
    LEFT: 10px;
    BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../images/buttonCart.gif);
    MARGIN: 0px;
    WIDTH: 265px;
    POSITION: absolute;
    TOP: 675px;