Thank you Drew.

I have one table that I added in desperation as I couldn't figure out how to get the shadow with CSS. I rely heavily on includes for code re-usability. The nested tables are for product display and were lifted from my other sites. If I can get the site design the way I want it with css, I'll start changing my code 'modules' over.

My background is set to the color of the widest column, the yellow. Both the yellow and the blue should go from the top to the bottom. The blue is shorter, but I don't want it to be.

Well, you gave me some homework to do! I downloaded the FF development toolbar, and added the doc type. I'll go through the site you suggested, and try the borders around the divisions. I do want to replace all the tables, but I also want the site to go live very soon, so I may have to leave the tables in to start with.

Diane