At 04:08 AM 1/8/2007, you wrote:
Hi Deb

I'd strongly recommend you convert your drive to NTFS. There are a number of
benefits to using NTFS, such as minimising "wasted" space when you save
data, data encryption and file system security. FAT32 is now seriously
outdated when working with large hard drives, especially if you're running
XP or Vista. Because of the way FAT32 works you simply have no choice but to
split data up into 2GB blocks if you attempt your backup.

I'm very very surprised that a "Vista ready" machine from HP of all people
have formatted the drive as FAT32 - very sloppy and short-sighted in my
opinion.

You won't lose any data doing the command-line drive conversion the Genie
Soft site details.

Thanks for the info, MOU. Have further questions .. what happens when I have to reformat the computer? I try to do that about once a year. Will the NTFS stay in place or would I need to do it again? Is this a very time consuming process that I need to allow mega time for? Do you recommend I do my external hard drive as well? What about the D drive, the one that the system stuff is on that holds everything since you don't get a reformat cd w/the machine? Do I do that one as well?

Yeah, you'd think if it's that much better especially w/Vista on the horizon that this drive would have come NTFS. Your comment about minimizing space has probably given me my answer to why my previous computer showed a total of 18G of info on it and I put the same stuff on this new one and I'm at 25G. I couldn't figure out why that would happen but now I think I know.

Is there anything I need to watch out for in the process?

:: Deb | PBC Web Design
:: http://www.PBCWebDesign.com