At 04:44 AM 8/1/2007, you wrote:
PBC Web Design wrote:
> I've already done that which is what brought me
> to the hub plugged in being the problem.  I'll
> try playing w/removing things from the hub, thanks.

If you suspect that the problem only occurs when the hub is plugged in,
unplug everything from the hub, and see if it boots.  If it does, it's
(probably) not the hub, but one of the things plugged in to it - plug
them back in one by one, rebooting each time, until you find the culprit.

If it won't boot with the hub plugged in (but nothing else plugged in to
the hub) but will boot with the hub unplugged, then it sounds like the
hub has gone bad.

Is it a powered hub?  Double check that it's getting power from its
power adaptor if so... just in case it's not, and it's causing it to
draw excessive power via the PC's USB port.

Cheers

Dave P

Hi Dave,

Well, for the moment things are working. I'm thinking something wasn't totally plugged in or something because after fidgeting around plugging and unplugging, rebooting ect things seem to be working and the system finally found my external! Thank you :)

Deb • Designer @ Digital Mouse Designs • com

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''