Did you try http://www.sxc.hu/? Hust search for thumb tacs. I don't know if you will find two states, but you could always take one and "edit" the shadow a little in a graphics program.

HTH,
Riva

Jon Hughes wrote:
I have searched far and wide, and have yet to come even close to finding
what I am looking for.

I need a push-pin (preferably blue, but I can modify the color) - it
needs to be either free or purchasable for a corporate environment (I
don't mind if it's in a pack, either)

It needs to have both states (up, meaning "not pushed in", and down,
meaning "pushed in")

Does anyone know where to find one, and if so, how did you find it, so
this situation doesn't arise again?

Thank You,
- Jon Hughes