At 12:35 PM 1/4/2008, you wrote:
>Usually hitting F12 during startup will allow you to boot from CD (or on
>some systems choose what you want to boot from).  I usually start tapping it
>right when it finishes the memory test and is detecting the hard drives.
>Hit it once or twice or three times - not a big deal.

Well, this one goes directly (and very quickly!)
from a Toshiba screen to "Missing Operating
System" shortest boot from screen to screen I've
ever seen! I'll have to be quick to say the least.

>I agree with David on this.  It's quite possible that your drive is fine.
>If you don't care about the contents, then I would try to reload the OS.  If
>upon trying to reload you have problems/see errors, then you might consider
>going with the replacement drive.

If I can get it booted up, then I'm going to
probably just reformat using the cd's that came
w/the system.  I don't think there's anything
important on it but I'll ask her
first.  Reformatting should rid the system of any virus, correct?

>As for the size of the drives, David already mentioned that increasing the
>capacity doesn't increase the physical size.  In fact, after giving you the
>link to NewEgg.com, I found a nice 750GB drive.  Hmmmmm....  ;)

Eeeks! Overkill Overkill!  LOL! Heck *I* don't
even have a 750GB drive on my desktop!

Deb • Designer @ Digital Mouse Designs • com