At 01:04 PM 3/20/2008, you wrote:
>I doubt you will get media functions in XP Media Center in a virtual machine
>since it requires access specific hardware directly which VMS don't give
>you.. Media Center was-is only available OEM and you can only by OEM with
>qualifying hardware purchase (system builders but video cards, hard drives
>and in some cases even upgrading ram counts). Try Tiger Direct or other some
>for building your own computer.
>
>Personally I would go with Vista Home Premium which has full media
>capabilities much better than XP: Though I actually run Vista Ultimate on
>our Meiden Center and under Parallels on my Mac. FWIW, all new Macs ship
>with Vista drivers as part of bottoms. Not sure if XP drives slip with it or
>not.

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for that info. I wasn't aware of the
hardware specific thing. I'm glad you told me. I
am only interested in the Media Edition of it's
ability to give me tv on my computer. I don't
have a use for all the other media features.  I
don't hear much good about Vista so I'm pretty
much convinced to stick with XP.

Deb • Designer @ Digital Mouse Designs • com