I understand both points of view. It is very beneficial to all of us
if we can share and discuss information in form of Snippets, HowTos,
Tutorials. I have great respect for those that actually take the time
to write these, I have promised myself to write several, but have to
date, only been able to write 2. Its just hard sometimes to generate
time out of thin air.

The other point of view, noobpythoncoders, to be exact is in respect
to web2py. All he is trying to say is that it would benefit us all in
THIS frame of time if we concentrate our efforts in improving web2ps
documentation and very important, "documenation storage and retrieval
methods" first before separate external efforts.

I for one. agree with Noob 100%

I have mentioned in past several times that AlterEgo is, I am sorry to
say, almost unusable, the main documentation on the site is becoming
haphazard and incomplete, proof of this? .

1. Newcomers to web2py keep on asking the same questions very easily
in some form from the main site
2. I search the forum for some solution that Massimo provided months
ago, some of it undocumented, a newcomer would not know that these
"gems" exist
3. I have to snoop around the source sometimes when I forget what
parameters a function or class call takes

Suggestions
----------------------------------

1. I suggested once that we should have a system like Djangos, allow
users to edit an online book. Djnagos documentation is not only
appealing to the eye, its very easy to navigate
2. Categorize the information flood on the main page, examples are
"Quick Start", "Advanced practices", "Deployment", "Security",
"Scaling"
3. Sub categorize the information. The main rubrics should then be
broken down, this enhances the ability foe a user to navigate the docs
4. AlterEgo shuould be re-vamped, I dont know if its just me, but the
"popularity" counter does not help IMHO at all. I just want the info
5. The source code lacks documentation in several places. Maybe spread
the work also as in the interactive Django book style?
6. Use Sphinx? (http://sphinx.pocoo.org/)
7. Wikis? Puh-leez, Most of the ones I see just dont cut it. Compare
Djangos docs to the average wiki out there

I dunno. I did not want to talk about the state of the documentation
anymore since its a "dead horse", but I just could not bear to see
that it was only Noob complaining, which is VERY strange. I can
understand this if it was still back in the days when there were only
30 members, we have over 500 now and nobody is talking

Im out