Lol!

Great to see this discussion degenerate/lighten-up into flash bar
fanboyism =P

If anyone read my original request to change the flash bar...

http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/dbfaf23d9acacc8a/c0a2f8bc493d587d?lnk=gst&q=flash+bar#c0a2f8bc493d587d

... they'd note I:

1. like the bar;
2. use it in my own app;
3. want to give it a permanent place in the Admin page SO its
slidedown effect doesn't push the rest of the page (eg editor) below
down, which is a real pain and very few sites subject their users this
effect.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Phyo - I know what a cookbook is. And I still think it would be best
to update the existing cookbook rather than put out a published one
right now.

MORE IMPORTANTLY: I don't see much of a difference between Alter Ego
and a cookbook at this time.

An online and easily accessible resource like Alter Ego should have
more priority than a published work.

But I understand Massimo's point that a community driven book makes
web2py look more robust.

Whatever this community does, it really needs to consolidate itself -
rather than spread resources to thinly.

Everyday people ask the same questions eg templating, etc - but if
Alter Ego or the original cookbook were updated more often... the
answers would be there.

Instead, part of an answer may now be in a new cookbook, part in the
existing one, some in Alter Ego, and others in the book.

It may make the community look bigger etc, but it won't make it easier
for people to find answers.

So I ask you - what is the DIFFERENCE between:

1. the existing cookbook and the new one?
2. Alter Ego and your cookbook proposal (other than the latter
possibly being printed)?
3. Why don't you update Alter Ego and/or the existing cookbook first?

I'm all for seeing more web2py resources... but at this stage of
web2py's development...

a consolidation/refinement of resources would be best.

(now-not-so)noobpythoncoder =)