Try changing main.py line 239 from:
    except Exception, exception:
to:
    except:

I don't think we need to explicitly catch Exception types here.

-tim

mdipierro wrote:
>> The alternative is for web2py to catch all possible exceptions.
>> Massimo, how would you want to handle that?
>>

> Yes, web2py it should catch all possible exceptions.
> If you a patch send it to me or I will eventually write one.
>
> Massimo
>
> On Oct 30, 11:01 am, Timothy Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> What's happening is some database modules are not good Python citizens.
>> By this, I mean that they raise exceptions that don't inherit from
>> Python's Exception class.  web2py only catches Exceptions.  In the event
>> of an non-Exception exception web2py's behavior is undefined.  I built a
>> wrapper class for my db2 network access and as part of my wrapper, I
>> caught the special exceptions and raised more web2py friendly Exceptions.
>>
>> The alternative is for web2py to catch all possible exceptions.
>> Massimo, how would you want to handle that?
>>
>> -tim
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> web2py users,
>>>
>>> I'm using pyodbc, unixodbc and freetds to hit an MSSQL database.
>>>
>>> When I attempt to do a:
>>>
>>> a_sample_inventory = db(db.smp_inventory.smp_id ==
>>> request.vars.smp_id).select()
>>> a_sample_inventory[0].update_record(status="present")
>>>
>>> I get:
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/home/larsenma/web2py/gluon/restricted.py", line 62, in
>>> restricted
>>>   File "/usr/share/web2py/applications/hpv/controllers/home.py", line
>>> 45, in <module>
>>>   File "/home/larsenma/web2py/gluon/globals.py", line 55, in <lambda>
>>>   File "/usr/share/web2py/applications/hpv/controllers/home.py", line
>>> 40, in unreserve
>>>     db(a_sample_history[0]).delete()
>>>   File "/usr/share/web2py/gluon/sql.py", line 1110, in delete
>>>     self._db._execute(query)
>>>   File "/usr/share/web2py/gluon/sql.py", line 448, in <lambda>
>>>     self._execute=lambda *a,**b: self._cursor.execute(*a,**b)
>>> ProgrammingError: ('42000', "[42000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Incorrect
>>> syntax near '<'. (102) (SQLExecDirectW)")
>>>
>>> I looked at the generated sql statement and it looks fine.
>>> And ideas what's going on?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>  tfarrell.vcf
>> < 1KViewDownload

begin:vcard
fn:Timothy Farrell
n:Farrell;Timothy
org:Statewide General Insurance Agency;IT
adr:;;4501 East 31st Street;Tulsa;OK;74135;US
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Computer Guy
tel;work:(918)492-1446
url:www.swgen.com