Is the best place to create data for views in the controller.  For
instance,  after a student enters some initial data, I need to look at
that data and determine what scholarships they might be eligible for.
Along with the student data and a scholarship table, I need to do a
bunch of "if then" logic.  Would I put that in the controller?

For instance, the student is a female, in such and such major and is a
senior.  For each scholarship I must then look at the DB and determine
the requirements and if they are eligible, tack that Scholarship name
in to:  response.schols += "<li>This Scholarshiip</li>" and then do
respons.total += db.scholarship_amount.  And then in my form do:

<output>
You are eligible for these scholarships:

{{=response.schols}}

You could receive as much as ${{response.total}} for the school year.
</output>

Is this correct?

thx,

-wj