On Dec 13, 6:39 am, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> Here is the problem.... should be
> layer.update_record(.....)

Great - that's now working & I understand why the form validation
wasn't working - I do need to add the 'requires=' parts inside the
FORM because, as you say, the FORM doesn't know about the database.
Strangely (to me) the update_record commands also don't follow the
'requires=' parts of the model...are these only used by the higher-
level methods such as SQLFORM & t2.update() ?

I am now working on porting in the T2 conflict-detection (seems very
easy to convert _stamp to a _stamp_many by converting the 'table'
parameter to a list of 'tables' & then prefacing the functionality
with a 'for table in tables:'. Other parts of the system may be
harder.)

I also need to get my checkboxes working (I've seen other posts to go
back to on this topic).

The 1st issue I'm facing now, though, is that I get the same problem
as this person does:
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/f46d7bb0481bd41c
i.e. An IS_NOT_IN_DB() validation means that I can't update my record
because it sees the record as already being present.
That thread suggests it's fixed in r226, but I think this is only for
SQLFORM not manual FORM, right?
A way I can see of tackling this would be to have a new validator
IS_THIS_OR_IS_NOT_IN_DB(this,table).
Anyone got one of these available? ;)