Persoanlly I don't think I'll use T2.
If T2 comes with T3 which it necessarily has to, what's the problem of
whomever wants to use T2 getting it by downloading T3? My guess is
that you'll end up using T3 anyway and eventually going a bit to a
lower level here and there to achieve a bit more customization of your
application. I don't know. Just my way of looking at the whole thing.

As for the name... massimo, I believe you're Italian right? Open
source projects often come with funny/cute names of fruits, animals,
dishes, etc. often in other languages. Since italian is a language
with many open vowels and with may words that are quite easy to
pronounce I would suggest some italian word. I don't know... like...
which animal would web2py if it would be an animal?
Then T3 could be called something after web2py... I don't something
like
web2py => cat
T3 => tiger
somthing like that... don't know.