I don't know the best practice, but i know, i want to make urls rank
best possible way for search engines. I have seen 4 different ways of
handling word spaces in url:

1) %20
2) _
3) -
4) +

And so far i have managed to test _ and - marks, of which - works
better for SEO. One of my tests where done with phrase "multimedia
audio controller driver" and i created a document to editthis.info
with a) multimedia_audio_controller_driver and b) multimedia-audio-
controller-driver in url.

If you see http://www.google.com/search?q=multimedia+audio+controller+driver
you'll find my test article from 4th page with second approach and
same article on 8th page with first approach.

And you also see, that google uses + marking spaces. Unfortunately
editthis gives no changes to test test other options, so best option
is yet to be searched.

On 20 joulu, 10:18, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> apps may use request.args[i] to build expressions (for example for
> eval or open files) without validation because they expect it to
> contain alphanumeric chars without spaces. I cannot think of a
> specific issue because there is nothing in web2py that uses this
> restriction.
>
> I have a proposal that could make everybody happy. What if any " " or
> %20 in the URL were automatically replaced by a '_'?

If i think of this, how the url shows up on html page, how it shows up
actual browser url and how args shows up on controller in case of this
proposal?