Do you get the error using cache.ram instead of cache.disk?
How does the problem manifest? Do you get an empty page? An error? Can
you add a print statement to check whether the controller is executed
when you see the error?

Why are you using cache.disk over cache.ram? The former involved
picklying so the latter is much faster.

massimo