On Jan 14, 5:00 pm, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> > 1. Have a single table with fields for all potential cases
> > - this means the developer can use standard T2 CRUD functions (low
> > maintenance) & then tweak using jquery to hide/show fields as they
> > become relevant or not (extra maintenance here).
> not necessarily. SQLFROM(,...fields=[...]) left you specify with
> fields to display in forms.
> in T2 you just set db.table.exposes=[...] list of fields.

Right - I use this already...but if the fields to display/expose vary
depending on selection options, then that needs to be done client-side
=> JS (unless you want to have a new page brought up after each option
which is slow & old-style)

> There is possibly a better way in trunk
> db.table.field.writable=False (it will disable the field from all
> forms)

I agree that this seems easier to maintain as usually it will be just
a few fields to hide & you don't want to have to adjust the exposes/
displays each time you add a new field.

However it doesn't help with this issue at all, I don't think.

Best Wishes,
Fran.