On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:

> I have a preliminary version of inclusion if T2 functionality into
> web2py core. I am not yet promising backward compatibility here. The
> module name many change. For now it is in trunk as gluon/utils.py

Where does this go?

> group_id=auth.add_group(role='Manager')
> auth.add_membership(group_id,auth.user.id)
> auth.add_permission(group_id,'select','[app]_user')

I get:

 auth.add_membership(group_id,auth.user.id)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

so i've put it in the wrong place (db.py right now - should it go in a
controller page?)

Seems to work now that I put it in:

controllers/default.py

def index():
    group_id=auth.add_group(role='Manager')
    auth.add_membership(group_id,auth.user.id)
    auth.add_permission(group_id,'select','tnew_user')

    response.flash=T('Welcome to web2py')
    return dict(message=T('Hello World'))

-wj