Orange on the old blue-green works but not against the light grey (top
of banner and page background).

The DAL page doesn't work for me. Initially a little bit of
explanation would be nice rather than just 4 buttons/menu items.  When
you click on 3 of the buttons they seem to disappear because they're
off the bottom of the page.  Why would I want more than one topic open
at a time? Clicking "admin" feels like I'm going to another site - it
would be nice if it shared the look of the rest of the site.  And when
I get to admin I don't know the password so what's the point?  Are
request, session and response really to do with the DAL?  I was
expecting what databases I can connect to, how to define a table, etc.

The banner link takes you to the old site.

Personal thing: I think there are too many links in the main body of
the home page that take you off-site.  They could be grouped elsewhere
on the home page or on a different page.

Thanks for the mention in contributors :-)