> As mentioned before

I am aware that I can set message strings if I don't like them.
However, from my POV, email verification is *broken* out of the box.
Sure, a mail gets sent, but the link in that mail doesn't work. Do we
want to make it easy to use this stuff, or what? If this was discussed
before, my apologies.

Now we can do two things. 1. Document this peculiar web2py behavior,
ie, big letters in the Auth docstring, "don't forget to set
message.verify_email, and you may need a fullurl function to go with
it, which we won't provide for security reasons, nah nah nah nah nah"
or 2. Fix it, since it is trivial enough. ;-)

Maybe this is my chance to contribute: please put my suggestion to
Chris in the "official web2py documentation", by way of implementing
option 1. ;-))

Cheers,
-Peter