As I understand currently web2py license hangs between GPL and LGPL
(more on GPL though).

I have seen some fantastic initiatives here like linking web2py to
pyjamas-desktop. This way web2py can be used (possibly) for desktop
apps too ! But here comes the issue. A lot of times, esp for desktop
apps, you need to link to proprietary code, or call web2py libraries
from closed-source codes. Won't there is license infringement, esp.
when GPL is clear about everything connected to code to be open, esp
libraries?

Generally I have seen that most frameworks are in a more permissive
license as they foresee such issues and want to ensure limitless
possibilities for the applications created "using them". And web2py
differs here as it intends that applications are built "on top" of
it.

I have seen the discussion earlier regarding the license and I do like
the GPL + exclusion setup currently followed, but I also see issues
web2py would have in being integrated in many other setups. I have
personally faced it, but I don't want to be greedy about it, and
simple try to avoid web2py all together in such scenarios (missing it
dearly though ;-)).

Any such issues faced by others?