If you agree it would be good to think about structure before we start
(e.g even http://mdp.cti.depaul.edu/examples/default/docs is a bit
overwhelming) I made a "documentation organisation" page on the test
wiki. Please edit/delete what I put there already and / or comment.

https://mdp.cti.depaul.edu/wiki/default/page/301f398d-bcbf-4cdd-9eb1-046fe50f3fc2

In general I think it would be good to try and be DRY in the
documentation, so if I want information / examples about a topic, the
places to look are all in the same area, not separate in different
cookbook / recipies / examples / FAQ areas within the wiki. This is
obviously difficult to achieve perfectly because most examples cover
more than one topic.

(note on using the wiki: it went quite well although I wasn't sure of
the markup.  I did start getting error messages - "invalid tag" I
think and had to remake the page. I think this behaviour started when
I tried using hash # as a section header, though that might have been
a coincidence)

Chris