I haven't fully thought about this yet, but in general -
Wiki == freeform idea collection;  I agree that some structure to begin and
guide is good;

Good place for transient information;

I would think once content is in a sphinx doc (and I agree completely w/
source control - much like what the Python 3 Patterns book is following)  it
should be pulled form the wiki (maybe a final revision referring to the
"published" page, and then new updates maintained in sphinx doc).

This will prevent the considerable problem of diverging documentation ("I
documented it here; Oh! Look - there's something similar, but a little
different here - which is right? which is current?")

Perhaps a feedback look from sphinx would be useful (we organized best w/
these sections, so we now re-organize the wiki to - at least at a high level
- match).

Anyway,  I have an idea, I don't know where to put it, I want to share it
--- this is definitely wiki space, and others can add / update....

Just rambling thoughts during lunch...

Yarko