On Mar 23, 8:44 am, dbb <debe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> All:
>
> It is very important to have change control process for web2py, this
> change control process  will include :
>        - formal submission of idea or improvement using a form
>        - voting on the idea or improvement with supporting reasonings
>        - incorporating the the idea or improvements into the next
> release

We use bzr for this already

>        - every release must be deposited in a storage area and kept
> there for  certain time
>        - removing old versions from the official storage will when
> support for that version is
>          no longer feasible
>        - annoucement is sent to all members when old version is no
> longer supported

web2py is always backward compatible since 1.0 (October 2007) so I do
not see this issue. Everybody should have the latest. This may change
when/if we move to Python 3.0. This will not happen in 2009.

>        - There must be board of directors selected from the exiting members
> to decide the
>           direction of web2py

No. I am a dictator and I am paying for the hats at the PyCon
conference.

Seriously. I have suggested that we turn part of the group into an
international registered association of consultants with board of
directors, etc. scope would be broader than web2py and web2py should
just be a tool in our toolbox. But this another story and your read
more below.

> web2py Documentation :
>         - all releases must have documentations for each new feature and
> stored in an
>            official site togther with web2py framework

Yes. This process needs to be improved.

>          - access to web2py should be limited to members only
> web2py members:
>           - all members must pay a fee to hire students to write
> documentations, to test
>              integrate applications into web2py framework, and to cover some
> of Massimo's
>              expenses
>            - the fee will be determined by the board of directors, my
> suggestion is 20 USD per month
>            - all fee paying members will have all access to documentation and
> real time
>              anwers for the creator, of course , that is Massimo

Yes and No. web2py will remain free and I so will the documentation
(except for the book). There will be no fee to access the web2py
documentation.

Nevertheless this was proposed some time ago and it still stands. I
just had no time to follow up:

http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/818ab4a534cb70ae
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/55cdd010721d748a
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddjcrc9c_1c3nmn4dn&pli=1

There are legal issues I have no straighten out.

Massimo