On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Timothy Farrell <tfarr...@swgen.com>wrote:

> Beyond that, epydoc is virtually unsupported now (having no activity for
> more than a year now).  I've used it for quite a while, but it chokes on
> some perfectly valid Python.  To accommodate it, you sometimes have to
> jump backwards through fiery hoops. =(
>
> I don't know Sphinx, but it is THE python documentation future and it
> creates beautiful documentation too.  My only complaint is that it's
> JS-based search can be very slow.

Get on the spinx mailing list, and see if there is anything afoot.  Sphinx
is very active right now, evolving (that is - problems going away bit by
bit).  If you have better idea for search (AlterEgo, for example, may not be
as slow, but seems to miss some common keywords in searches...) grab a copy
from bitbucket (I always install with setup.py develop --- so that I link to
my local repository version)  make a patch, and propose / send to Georg...