As far as I am using web2py, I personally don't find the "admin interface"
cons accurate. I use it daily and I personally think it's working fine for
my needs. If a develop a software for others to use, I definitely will not
make the admin interface available to them. Instead, I will write specific
controllers for whoever-is-the-admin to access specific tables.
SQLFORM.grid is after all, extremely convenient for this.

The reviewer's perspectives of what web2py admin interface is and what it
can do is geared toward another angle. This angle is how most of what other
popular frameworks' admin interface deliver. But web2py does what it does
well, and the admin interface is sufficient for its purpose.

Thanks for sharing the review.