> BigInt -> twice the same space required, I'am not sure that's why they
> exists..

they exist to support signed integer larger than int. That's what you can
do now to continue developing your app with web2py.

> sql.log -> indeed, could do it this way, but, why is everything else
> possible with the DAL (up to now)?

because if you're really going to "I develop, change my models, release the
app to 30 servers" you'll shortly find out that you have to resort to
something scripted for migrations (let's say for the simpler case, adding a
column with a default filled value of 0).
DAL will be glad to add the column, but not set the default value on all
your existing rows.

PS: I'm not against an unsigned integer support on web2py, but if you need
it you can definitely use it now without hassle instead of waiting for a
new web2py release.