Thank you Peter... i actually got it working, but I have a specific
question ... I have been just trying out the PDF creation and the following
example works great ... it is simple and I think it will suffice, here is
my question ... how do I get it to save to a director and not just display
the PDF on the screen? any help you can offer would be great. Regards,

from gluon.contrib.fpdf import FPDF
def pdfexp():
    example = "this is an example"
    example2 = "this is example 2"
    pdf=FPDF()
    pdf.add_page()
    pdf.set_font('Arial','B',16)
    pdf.cell(40,10, example)
    pdf.add_page()
    pdf.set_font('Arial','B',16)
    pdf.cell(40,10, example2)
    pdf.output('tuto1.pdf','F')
    return response.stream(open('tuto1.pdf'))