Smartgrid isn't picking up linked tables in V 2.2.1.  Could I be missing
something obvious?  Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Here are three tables from my model.

db.define_table(
    'suppliers',
    Field('name', length=256, required=True, notnull=True),
    Field('address', length=64),
    Field('address_2', length=64),
    # details omitted
    )

db.define_table(
    'supplier_contacts',
    Field('supplier_id', db.suppliers),
    Field('first_name', length=32, required=True, notnull=True),
    # details omitted
    )

db.define_table('product_suppliers',
                Field('product_id', db.products),
                Field('supplier_id', db.suppliers),
                Field('lead_time', 'integer',     # details omitted
    )

The smartgrid from this controller code fails to contain a link to
supplier_contacts.  Worse, if I add a linked_tables argument the grid
displays no links at all.

def smartindex():
    form = SQLFORM.smartgrid(
            db.suppliers,