If the reference is to a different table, the CRUD renders the field as a
list box allowing the user to select the record in the foreign table.  But
as a self-join the CRUD renders the field as a simple text box and it seems
to create a default value of 0 when saved. Then, I think that causes the
record to generate an error when viewed ( but not when edited).

--
Luc.
M. +44.7040-901-582