This is a similar problem as mssql which does not support pagination.
I just committed to trunk a new adpater:

DAL('informix-se://.....')

please give it a try and see if does what you need. You should be able to
fix the problem just by tweaking the InformixSEAdapter and not the normal
InformixAdapter. Let me know if this work for you.

Massimo