Hey Yarko, nice to hear the tool is used by other web2py-istas :)
around here.

Indeed it really works "out of the box" with an optional minor change
in the exception catching code due to the way web2py logs in a ticket
when an error happens as you mentioned, I mean this can be used as
another one of the developer's "tools", it'll obviously be an overkill
to set up the whole environment just to change a variable value, for
instance, but pretty slick nevertheless.

And I'll "hijack" this response to also reply to Wes, the free version
of wing ide I wonder if it has less features, or is a "version"
behind,  I am not sure, I requested a "developer" license about a year
ago (even before I "converted" to web2py), and after a couple of very
cordial email exchanges I received it, I praise them for that.

Keep up guys,

Julio