On Monday, 24 December 2012 01:48:29 UTC+11, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:

> Should we just extend this recipe:
> http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/14#Upgrading
>
> or should we also move it? In your opinion, does it belong somewhere else?

I think the location is good.
Most beginner applications will be based on the scaffold app. A discussion
about what happens when you create a new app could link to a discussion
about what files you may need to consider manually upgrading when a new
version of web2py arrives. The best place for details would be release
notes.