I upgraded to web2py 2.3.2 last week and got burned by web2py.js breaking
backwards compatibility with my component file upload. This is probably the
3rd time this has happened to me, so shame on me for not taking
precautions. Nevertheless, I think it highlights an underlying web2py
problem.

Components are my mainstream methodology and I have no plans on returning
to loading entire pages every time someone clicks a link. Problem is, file
upload is a second-class citizen to web2py components because ajax doesn't
support multi-part forms. And components without file upload are
practically useless -- sorry if that sounds harsh, but it is. So users have
to go the js upload route.

This gets really when web2py.js changes, because it tends to break my old
js upload flow. Is there any way we could make js-based component file
upload work out of the box with web2py so that changes in web2py.js won't
affect it?