On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:39:54 AM UTC+8, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:

> What did you upgrade from? What specifically changed that broke your code?

Upgrade was from 2.1.x. I tried to trace down exactly what broke the code,
but may have wiped out the tracks accidentally by changing some code in
another place. Nonetheless, when I have some more time this week I'll go
back and try to trace it through again.

> When you upgrade web2py we do not upgrade web2py.js in your applications.

Yes, I know. However, I try to keep web2py.js up to date as best as
possible.

> The fact that form uploads is second citizen is not a web2py issue. It is
> an Ajax issues.

Yes, I am well aware of this.

> Ajax does not support multipart forms.
> I am not award of a satisfactory solution to this problem unless we
> implement our own custom ajax data encoding. I do not think that would be a
> good idea.

No, I am not suggesting this. I am suggesting, instead, that we package up
a jquery single-file uploader and ship it with web2py so that it becomes a
standard *tested* way of uploading files from a component. It seems like
this has already been done with the menu system and possibly other stuff
inside web2py. I don't think it would be inconsistent to make a component
file uploader a standard part of the tool as well.

As for claiming this is the third time, I did hedge a little by saying it
was "possibly" the 3rd time. I haven't kept good enough notes to be sure of
this.

My action item is to trace things through and try to identify the web2py.js
code that's causing the problems.