On 16 January 2013 17:28, Massimo Di Pierro <massimo.dipie...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Can you suggest how to make the advice better?
>
> On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 01:05:14 UTC-6, Johann Spies wrote:
>
>> On 6 January 2013 22:00, Anthony <abas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> See
>>> http://web2py.com/books/**default/chapter/29/06#**Migrations<http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06#Migrations>
>>> :
>>>
>>> The value of migrate is the filename (in the "databases" folder for the
>>> application) where web2py stores internal migration information for this
>>> table. These files are very important and should never be removed
>>> except when the entire database is dropped. In this case, the ".table"
>>> files have to be removed manually.
>>>

>> I regularly have situations where I have to delete a file for one table
>> in the "databases" folder on my development system.  In my view this advice
>> in the documentation is not practical.

Maybe something like

*These files are very important and should never be removed while the
corresponding tables exist.  In cases where a table has been dropped and
the corresponding file still exist, it can be removed manually.
*

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)