Yeah, I already know that, I was asking something else:
You can have a hybrid setup of Apache +nginx, where nginx is hosting apache as
a reverse-proxy. According to what I read, this kind of setup is very
common, especially for php servers, as the php processing that apache
 operates is single-threaded, and so apache becomes a bottleneck without a
reverse-proxy hosting it. Once you add-in something like nginx in front of
it, then now the php processing will not be blocking the process of the
hosted session, and will run in parallel to it.
Now, I'm by far not a technical expert on these issues, but I am very good
at conceptualized understanding of performance.
My question was referring to the way nginx would handle the web2py
processes via uwsgi, and how it would compare to the php case, if/when an
apache server is plugged-in between nginx and web2py.
I hope my question is clearer now.