Hi All,

Am trying to resolve an issue with sending email on App Engine.

My application throws an "Unable to send email" error, and the logged error is: -

2013-01-30 09:06:16.409 Mail.send failure:The API package 'remote_socket' or call 'Resolve()' was not found.

Running locally mail is sent fine, but running under the local GAE development server or on GAE itself the send fails.

Looking at the logs, the exception is caught in gluon/tools.py at line 686, and looking at the code it seems that my app may trying to use the "normal" method of sending mail, rather than GAE's own.

Unfortunately, this was working a couple of days ago (accounts created and mail sent both in testing and production), and I'm not aware of any change which could have triggered this issue, so I'm having trouble figuring out where to start troubleshooting this.

Can anyone clue me in as to what is going on here?

I'd be particularly grateful if anyone can comment on whether my hypothesis that my web2py app is not using GAE's mail sending tools is correct!

--

Regards,

PhilK

'a bell is a cup...until it is struck'