Hi Alan,

On 30/01/13 13:43, Alan Etkin wrote:
 > I had understood that web2py detected the server automagically (for mail
 > as it does for the db) so IOW I believe that "server='gae'" is set in
 > code, and my working hypothesis is that it is this detection which is
 > somehow failing.

Now I've read the book :P . And it states that for GAE you should, as
Niphlod posted, set the settings.server option

Ahah - searching for that string, I find it here: -

http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/08?search=mail.settings.server

...but I was looking here: -

http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/13#Deploying-on-Google-App-Engine

--