OK, it would help then if you (a) show the links as well as the code that
produces them, and (b) describe what is happening instead of the expected
behavior. Note, if your profile function is in a separate "profile.py"
controller, then URL('profile') may not generate the URL you need -- if you
only pass one argument to URL(), it assumes it is the function name (and
defaults to the application and controller of the current request).

Anthony