Is the decorated index function in the "mod" controller? If so, doesn't
this result in an infinite redirect loop (i.e., visit index -> no
session.active_mod -> redirect to index -> still no session.active_mod ->
repeat...)? Shouldn't the decorator either set a session.active_mod or
redirect to a non-decorated function?

Anthony