Hi All,

I'm developing an app on GAE which has suddenly stopped serving, and just wanted to sanity check that other web2py users were not seeing the same thing.

The app uses Python 2.7, HRD and CloudSQL. It's a relatively simple transactional CRUD app - nothing clever at all from the GAE PoV.

It stopped serving out of the blue (overnight), twelve hours after the last deploy, and the error messages it's throwing are very varied - "soft memory limit exceeded" (bumped instances from F1 to F2, same error, bigger numbers), "deadline exceeded" (setting up loggers or db connections) etc. never get as far as my code.

The lack of changes in the app prior to the outage, the essentially random nature of the error messages (all of which suggest GAE is running out of time or resources in a variety of interesting ways), suggest to me that this is a GAE infrastructure problem, but I've yet to find anyone else definitively bitten by the same thing (although there is a lot of grumbling in the GAE forums about high latency).

I've raised a production issue [1], so far with no response, and have moved the app off GAE so that I can carry on working, so the pressure is off.

Has anyone else using this combination of GAE facilities (and especially CloudSQL) experienced anything similar?

FWIW, my (relatively trivial) apps running purely on the normal HRD data-store are running fine.

[1] https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=8918

--

Regards,

PhilK

e: p...@xfr.co.uk - m: 07775 796 747

'work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation'
- alasdair gray